7.22.2012

 Chewy Chocolate Chips Brownies


The Weather this weekend has been really yucky...I  don't think I've seen the sun once...Which leads me to...well blogging and baking...I got this recipe from another blogger and I couldn't wait to try it. I can say all it needs is Vanilla Ice Cream! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!





Chewy Chocolate Chip Brownies
1 c {2 sticks} unsalted butter
2 c granulated white sugar
4 lg eggs, room temperature
2 tbsp vanilla
1 c Dutch cocoa
1 c all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 c chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil. Grease or spray with nonstick coating.

2. Melt butter over low heat. Add sugar and stir heating till almost bubbling. Remove from heat and let cool for a couple of minutes. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until smooth and shiny. Add vanilla.

3. Combine cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder. Pour butter mixture into dry ingredients and stir. Do not over mix, just stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Time may vary depending on your oven check after 20 minutes with a tooth pick, if it comes out clean they're done. Cool completely before cutting.




Helpful Notes~
*Use Dutch processed cocoa, not American; or use cocoa that has been processed with alkalies.
*Line baking sheet with foil; when brownies are completely cooled just lift out and cut. THIS MAKES IT SO EASY TO CUT BROWNIES, no sticky gunk on your knife.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment